Dental Crowns in Boynton Beach
“Beautiful teeth are one of the essentials in being a woman regardless of age. Their natural beauty strengthen my confidence and enhance my professional and personal life. They are a result of the fine work of a talented young dentist.”
—Dr. Toni Fuss Kirkwood-Tucker
Crowns are the restoration of choice when a filling will no longer suffice. Once a filling occupies 50% or more of the width of a tooth, a crown is indicated. Crowns surround the tooth, bracing it together, whereas a large filling acts as a wedge, weakening the tooth. Teeth with large fillings are prone to breaking or splitting.
You may need a crown for the following reasons:
- Your tooth has a large cavity.
- Your tooth has had root canal therapy.
- Your tooth has a large, weak filling.
- To replace a failing or unacceptable existing crown.
- For cosmetic improvement.
Crowns can be made of several different materials, each of which may be indicated for different situations:
- “Porcelain Fused to Metal” (A metal substructure with a porcelain covering)
- All-Ceramic (Porcelain with no metal) – This is the latest in technology and becoming increasingly popular.
Before & after of actual case by Dr. Barr