Root Canals in Boynton Beach
Lions, tigers, bears, and Root Canals – Oh, my!
Root canal therapy is probably the most misunderstood and maligned dental procedure. The butt of sitcom jokes and even horror scenes in movies, the myths of root canals are a challenge to overcome.
Here’s the truth about root canals:
- Root canals feel good! Really. Root canal treatment relieves the pain of a toothache.
- They don’t hurt. You are numb during the procedure. They don’t hurt.
- They relieve pain. Many patients who need root canal therapy arrive in pain. Treatment relieves that pain.
- No, we aren’t removing the roots of your tooth. The infected contents of the roots are removed. It’s a tiny hollow space inside the tooth that we clean out.
- Root canals save teeth that would otherwise have to be extracted.
- Did I mention they don’t hurt?
When is a root canal needed?
- Decay has reached the pulp (nerve) of a tooth.
- The pulp has been irritated beyond natural healing and is causing pain.
- The pulp has died and is causing inflammation or swelling.
- There is an abscess at the end of the root.
If you’re in Boynton Beach or Palm Beach County and have a toothache, give us a call at (561) 736-2377! Root Canal Treatment will take the pain away!